Re: [microsound] Performing "Live"

> well just like its impractical for me to perform my music (not microsound)
> live because most songs are 100+ tracks of audio. of course i could play a
> DAT and pretend to be doing something (like most techno live PA's) but
> what's the point? it would _sound_ "better" in the sense of more produced,
> developed, composed songs. but it would be bullshit to me because i would
> have no control over the sound. i would essentially be in the audience, and
> the DAT would be the performer.

if you have a good sound system though, then why not?  it'll be much
better than what most of the audience has at home.

> but then i look at a computer, and its like,
> point-click-drag-boring.... its not musical. or rather, the computer is
> musical, but _you_ aren't -- you can't play it as an instrument, you can
> only tell it how to play itself.

.... as when you pluck a guitar string, you are only "telling" the guitar
how to play itself.

we've been over this subject before.  computers are instruments too.  if
you don't have the software to process your sound live (or if you find
it a "boring" thing to do), then that's not the computer's fault.

~ david