Re: [microsound] Re: more hafler trio

At 01:11 PM 3/8/01 -0700, steve roden wrote:
memorable. anyone else see them live? wondering what else they might have
done. my fave product is the 10" with the booklet on the fake
paintings....:-)

I "saw" "them" at the Kennel Club (once the VIS, now Justice League) in San Francisco probably nearly a decade ago. After two sets by others oriented more toward visual performance than toward sound, a deep droning wall of low-frequency rumble seeped into the club anonymously through the speakers, with Andrew M. nowhere in sight. The sound itself was powerful as it shook the floor and the listeners, but even more interesting were the latter, several of whom began to writhe together as the effects of the music made themselves felt. As music or performance alone the event would have left me wanting more, but after a hour of mind and body-altering bass bin trembling among what seemed a sea of quite surprisingly aroused people I found myself looking back upon one of more unique live situations in recent experience and a fascinating demonstration of the power of sound. Perhaps H3O should be relocated from the experimental to the "booty bass" section after all...

np - Matthias Grassow / Klaus Wiese "Mercurius"

Joshua Maremont / Thermal - mailto:thermal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Boxman Studies Label - http://www.boxmanstudies.com/