Re: [microsound] asmus

>cray asks, frans anwers:
>
>>  >I have just picked up a cd by Asmus Tietchens called
>>>DASEINSVERFEHLUNG...what does this mean...sorry my german is minimal
>>>
>>according to the book that was published late 1999, it means 'missing
>>existence'.
>
>...but it's rather "misguidedness of existence".

well, i quoted the book and not dwelling of my own knowledge of German.
Although I speak and read a small bit of German and can almost see Germany
from where I live (nearly 6 kilometers) away, Dutch is a very different
language then German. But 2 Germans replied today to this thread (Till
Kniola and Stephan Mathieu) and they didn't say it was wrong... Asmus is
known for combining words into one word that don't really exist. the book
title is the best example 'monography'. it's either biography or
autobiography. the German, again as far as I know, doesn't know the word
'monography' (and is it the opposite of 'stereography'?)

Frans