Re: [microsound] List moderator

i kept a copy.

microsound-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx mailing list.
at microsound-digest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Acknowledgment: I have added the address
info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
to the microsound-digest mailing list.

Thank you for joining the Microsound mailing list. To unsubscribe, send
email to microsound-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx If you have questions about
the list, send email to microsound-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
List posts go to microsound@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
..-.--.-.--.-.--.-.--.-.--.-.--.-.--.-.--.-.--.-.--.-.--.-.--.-.--.-.--.-.--.
..-.--.-.--.-.--.-.--.-.--.-.--.-.--.-.--.-.--.-.--.-.--.-.--.-.--.-.--.-.--.
About the Microsound list:
Microsound is an unmediated mailing list dedicated to informed comment and
discussion of experimental digital and post-digital music. For purposes of
this list, experimental digital and post-digital music is defined as music
exploring the boundaries of expression opened up by the proliferation and
widespread adoption of digital signal processing (DSP) tools. In this
respect, most areas of experimental music in which electronics figure
prominently contain artists pertinent to this list -- from Iannis Xanakis,
Curtis Roads, Barry Truax, Herbert Brun, and Bernard Parmegiani; to
Bernhard Gunter, Zbigniew Karkowsi, Christoph Heemann, Aube, and Ryoji
Ikeda; to Oval, Monolake, Farmers Manual, Carsten Nicolai, SND, Fennesz,
Phoenecia, and other artists associated with labels such as Mego,
Rastermusic, Or, 12k, Microwave, and the like. Microsound's subject matter
therefore cuts across most electronic music forms -- from academic computer
music, to digital noise, to experimental ambient and post-techno -- and is
more concerned with something like a "digital aesthetic" than with
arbitrary distinctions of genre or stylistic boundary.
Although certain aspects of production inevitably enter discussion,
Microsound is not a music-makers list; if you're after detailed
deliberation of the merits of this or that DSP card or VST plugin, we
recommend lists such as Csound, Max, Pro-Audio, Opcode, Freesound,
Music-DSP, Structured Audio, Lo-Fi, and GameAudioPro that capably handle
these topics.
Microsound is an unmediated list, but that doesn't mean anything goes.
Posts should concern topics of historical, conceptual, or experiential
relevance to digital and post-digital music. Record and event reviews are
encouraged; mean-spirited pissing contests are not. Announcements regarding
new releases, performances, tours, and so forth pertinent to the list's
scope will be tolerated in brief, and by subscribers whose contributions
otherwise exceed postings of this sort. Microsound refuses to become a
sounding board for eBay auctions and the periodic expurgations of
listmembers' record collections. Extended for-sale lists are therefore NOT
allowed, although brief posts containing URLs where such lists can be
viewed are acceptable. Posters who abuse these few guidelines will be
hounded into submission. Failing that, they will be removed from the list.
Welcome to Microsound.
..-.--.-.--.-.--.-.--.-.--.-.--.-.--.-.--.-.--.-.--.-.--.-.--.-.--.-.--.-.--.
..-.--.-.--.-.--.-.--.-.--.-.--.-.--.-.--.-.--.-.--.-.--.-.--.-.--.-.--.-.--.
Historical note: Microsound was begun by Kim Cascone, Sean Cooper, and Andy
Thomas on Monday October 25, 1999, under the auspices of Brian Behlendorf
and Hyperreal (www.hyperreal.org).

--- Administrative commands for the microsound-digest list ---
<microsound-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<microsound-info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<microsound-faq@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<microsound-digest-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<microsound-get.123_145@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<microsound-index.123_456@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
so you'll actually get 100-499.
send an empty message to:
<microsound-thread.12345@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
for example "john@xxxxxxxxxxx", just add a hyphen and your
<microsound-subscribe-john=host.domain@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
microsound-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Please be patient, my owner is a
lot slower than I am ;-)
At 03:46 PM 3/29/01, you wrote:
>there is a way to include the name of the account you want to cancel in the
>unsubscribe address. the initial mailer from microsound goes over the
>specifics. if your like me you probably didn't keep it, so you might have to
>subscribe again just to get the info, unless, of course, someone else still
>has it somewhere.

NOW AVAILABLE:
devolution&&intimation.iteration[3]
by transelectronic_theory
http://io-records.com/content/devolution.php

look for our ad in april's issue of 'the WIRE'
http://www.thewire.co.uk

io records: art.music.technology {iorec}
519 Fifth Ave Suite #3S Pelham NY 10803 USa
Office : +1 (917) 913 9040
Email : rj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
URL http://io-records.com