Re: [microsound] Re: [lowercase-sound] France Culture : Les chemins de la musique : Iannis Xenakis

Rod Stasick wrote :

>speaking of [Iannis Xenakis]
>
>does anyone know whether any of the articles in the new
>book "presences de iannis xenakis"  are in english and
>whether it can be purchased any other way than thru the
>CDMC? (i.e. without having to send payment in francs...)
The book in question is due to a colloque by the CDMC at Radio France
held in February 1998 ; edited by the CDMC it is just being presented at
this years Salon de la Musique (Paris/La Villette) -- presumably no
translation yet, though. I didn't find it via Alapage
 http://www.alapage.com/alapage-bin/recherche_rapide ), displaying
however three books / twenty CDs each (*) ; you might try it again
somewhat later via Alapage or Ina-GRM
 http://www.ina.fr/GRM/index.fr.html ), Alapage (apparently) offering
different currencies (incl. Dollar), though.
Hope it helps.
:ah

(The web site to "Chemins de la Musique" by France Culture apparently is
just being set up yet, sorry.)
(*)
- KELEUTHA auteur : Iannis Xenakis, éditeur : L'ARCHE
- MUSIQUE ET ORIGINALITE auteur : Iannis Xenakis, éditeur : SEGUIER
- REGARDS SUR IANNIS XENAKIS auteur : Collectif, éditeur : Stock

- Electronic music : Diamorphoses - Concret PH - Orient... interprète :
IANNIS XENAKIS
- Iannis Xenakis / vol.2 (La légende d'Eer) interprète :
- Kraanerg interprète : Xenakis,Iannis

(plus 17 other interpreted works listed).