your monthly clonky annoyance

clonk - friday april 13th
live performance by matt thibideau
djs - michael markus, odd myth, ether mann
577 king st. west
$5

It's that time of the month again.  We have returned with yet more
dub derivatives.

This month we will be featuring a live performance from veteran producer
Matt Thibideau.  Matt is most well known for his work under the name
Altitude on Toronto's Blue label.  He just released a new project on Blue
that features a sleek minimal long-player along with a remix by Percy X.
This EP can be listened to at
http://www.bluerecordings.com/releases/blue0010.html -  In addition to his
work on local labels Blue, Chair, ERA, and upcoming releases on Restructured
recordings; Matt has a diverse musical history that includes participation
with his brother Mark in the industrial outfit Waxbean Orchard and frequent
performances at the Ambient Ping.  A cohesive strand runs through Matt's
work and that is the utilization of distinct and stylish source sounds
connected via intelligent programming and composition.  His performances are
rare, so this should be a treat.

We always try to compliment our featured live performance each month with
relevant DJ's, and this month is no exception.  This month clonk will be
graced by Mettle's Michael Markus and Odd Myth (aka Todd Smith) from Guelph
as well as clonk resident Ether Mann.  Michael Markus has an eclectic
palette when it comes to musical selection -
he is equally at home spinning suave house as he is working through
obtuse techno experiments.
Guelph's Todd Smith honed his skills as a DJ with his involvement in the
Phryl events and is currently to be found acting as a buyer for Baseline
records in Guelph where he is furthering his education in sublime
minimal techno.  Ether Mann will be providing some murky ambience to get
the evening underway.

We are just putting the finishing touches on our May 11th event as well.
 It
will be a collaborative effort between ourselves and the Montreal based mp3
label notype - http://www.notype.com - The flyer and details for this
event should be surfacing shortly.

Feel free to take a look at our revamped website:
http://www.techno.ca/clonk - In the upcoming weeks it will feature some
audio content as well as provide some information on the projects we
will be
working over the next little while.  Thanks for your continued support, we
hope to see you out this Friday.

clonk
greg and neil