Re: [microsound] completely OT yet so on-topic

>I also have to agree that this is on topic.  The thought that art and music is
>completely seperate from politics is very depressing.  And I think it is
>also false.
>What ever happened to art movements that recognized the link.  Tristan
>Tzara firmly
>believed that political and artistic revolution were intimately linked and
>so have
>many innovators throughout time.  I really would like to think these
>attitudes are
>still alive.

so did Marinetti (the guy who wrote 'the art of noise' manifesto), but he
ended in the wrong camp of politics...

speaking for myself, but maybe also for other europeans: I am entirely lost
on this thread, but Europe as a free trade zone (I believe that's what this
started all about) has it's problems, but in general free travel to
connected countries and one coin next year are certainly good things
(IMHO).

also speaking for myself, this discussion is indeed OT and could better be
held at a different place.

Frans