Re: [microsound] completely OT yet so on-topic

frans@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote :
>speaking for myself, but maybe also for other europeans: I am entirely
>lost on this thread, but Europe as a free trade zone (I believe that's
>what this started all about) has it's problems, but in general free
>travel to connected countries and one coin next year are certainly
>good things
I'm seconding Frans in his 'European' perspective ...
However, not that I'd be in favor of forceful repression by some
executive power in some peaceful (protest) rally context, yet the
question remains, whether the *violent* protest on its part is
necessarily that democratic ... There's a point where violently
expressing one's opinion can become about that totalitarian as
(supposed-to-be) the politics against which it is (to be) directed ...
As for raging masses smashing in windows or (presumed-to-be) legitimate
attacks on public institutions etc., this is yet a behavior
dis(ap)proved in several instances already in the past and actually not
all too democratically civilized, either ...
:ah