Re: [microsound] completely OT yet so on-topic

> Thanks for this very interesting insight, unfortunally it's filled with
> many many stereotypes about The Netherlands, and unfortunally says more
> about you (or more in general education in Nothern America) then anything
> about The Netherlands.

actually whats even more unfortunate is that a guy on the other side of the
world (me) has to give you history lessons about your own country!

Unfortunately the link to this article is broken, but here is a quote:

"...This criminal justice policy is expressed in the Guidelines for the
Investigation and Prosecution of Drug Offences, developed by the Ministry of
Justice in 1976 and published in 1980. These guidelines give top priority to
production, import, export and large scale trafficking, and a low priority
to the sale of small quantities of cannabis.

According to the guidelines, the house dealer 'sells hemp products with the
trust and protection of the staff of a youth centre, and with the exclusion
of others, in that youth centre'. The lowest segment of the cannabis market
was, de facto, legalised. However, violating certain conditions, e.g. public
advertising and the sale of hard drugs, will lead to immediate action (Van
Vliet, in press).

Housedealers, as the Minister of Justice envisaged them in 1976 - as a kind
of social worker - hardly exist anymore. Hashish and marijuana are
predominantly sold in commercial aces, mainly the so-called coffeeshops."

 - Korf, D. J. Cannabis retail markets in Amsterdam. Int J Drug Policy.
1990; 2: 23-24. University of Amsteram

admittedly, the tulip crisis occurred a little earlier than I had thought,
but it was very real and dot.com speculators would've been wise to bone up
on it:

http://www.workers.org/marcy/economy/crisis01.html

Now, was it really necessary to mock me over your own ignorance?  Jerk.