a gift

one month and a half of wait, and i finally received the boxmedia drumm/pita
split record. me thinks the guys at the customs, then my building attendant
kind of had some difficulty letting the record away (never thought we'd have
common taste in music).

when i take a look at the US customs sticker, i see a cross in the "Gift"
box content description (nice idea, that should prevent me from paying
french taxes), then i notice the post stamp with postage amount reading
"$9,85"(wow, all i paid for this is $12 !)... perhaps it might have shown
that i badly wanted to get that record; i nearly feel sorry for living so
far from chicago.

the vinyl is nested in a silver paint stained cardboard protection (...feels
like the guy has just silkscreened the sleeve).
in the simple and beautiful sleeve, a tear up printed e-mail (there are
actually busy human beings behind this) and... surprise : a cd ???
seems i also got a sampler of boxmedia releases (13 tracks).
that's a quite nice way of proceeding...

but, now's the time to play the thing

to find out that drumm's side is mesmerising...
although i was more curious about pita's tracks, i'm caught by the magic and
can't stop playing k. drumm's side, a mix of concrete sounds-field
recordings with various digital/"analog" processes... supremely suggestive,
different but with the kind of mysterious beauty i find in lithops' _uni
umit_  last track (not to mention c-schulz & hajsch)...

thanks for your time and attention brent and bill,
that's a treat.

emmanuel