Re: [microsound] completely OT yet so on-topic

<--------------------------------------------------------------------->

                    http://www.bip-hop.com
            unconventional sound adventures,
          adventurous & creative electronica...

<--------------------------------------------------------------------->

and while discussing politics some of you might be interested... philippe

To all friends of animals,

I would like to approach you on behalf of our and other animal protection
societies in Warsaw, Poland.

 Polish parliament today changed the Animal Protection Law in our country.
The change concern the possibility of conducting experiments on wild and
homeless animals. We are prefectly aware that EU countries will in the next
few years stop such experiments altogether. This is probably the price that
Poland will pay for becoming a member of the EU. We think that
pharmaceutical and cosmetics companies from EU countries will want to
conduct these experiments in our country. There is still a possibility for
the President of our country to veto these ammendments but we have maximum
21 days only to convince him to do so. These ammendments were done in
secrecy of the animal organisations here and were included in the last
minute.

On Tuesday (24.05.2001) we organised a demonstration outside the Parliament
protesting against these changes and it looks like nobody is going to listen
to what we have to say. We have sent many letters to Members of Parliament
and the President with no response.

We approach you with a request to notify as many peopl as possible about
this and the media in your countries. Maybe then our President will listen
to the voices of those who care about the fate of animals.

The President of Poland, Aleksander Kwasniewski e-mai address:
listy@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Yours Sincerely,
Aniela Roehr
(Vice-President of \'ARKA\' - Association of Defenders of Animals) e-mail:
sozarka@xxxxx