Re: [microsound]normandeau/koner question

I have no idea who said that Thomaswas a pupil of Asmus, but here is the
story. In The Netherlands there is an electronic studio, CEM, whose prime
interest is in education of and with electronic music. When they located in
Arnhem they organised a couple of workshops. As far as I remember with the
people from Greater Than One, The Hafler Trio, Asmus and Zoviet France. I
attended the one by the Hafler Trio... For Asmus' workshop only one guy was
there: Thomas Koner. We are speaking 1988, before Thomas made any name for
himself. In the workshops which lasted a week or so, the artist would show
his working methods in the studio and there would be small collaborative
works. One track of Tietchens/Koner, appears on Tietchens' CD 'Sinkende
Swimmer'.

>On Sat, 28 Apr 2001 17:18:52 +0200 marc <marcuse@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>> as far as i know there will be 4 parts. i think they will record
>> tonight's concert in bremen for a future cd release.
>
>Now, that's something I wouldn't miss! But I will be looking forward to
>the forthcoming discs, as well. By the way, I wonder, in what manner was
>Koner a pupil of Tietchens? Does/did Tietchens teach on a campus or was
>it a workshop type of situation? Experimental Music Development 101?
>Scrapes, Scratches and Drones 101?

--Boundary_(ID_MPRcvwDMIpntJWFdsEexSw)