Seattle - Office Products show on monday

Office Products (Portland)
Trans-Atlantic IceFloe
Goat Faux

http://www.sil2k.org/
I-Spy / Nation
1921 5th Avenue
entrance in the alley (between 4th & 5th, between Stewart & Virginia)
(206) 374-9492

Office Products are a duo from Portland, Oregon, whose music is a hybrid
of free-improv, musique concrete, and sometimes freeform synthesizer and
turntablism techniques.  They have developed a repartee' within a
high-speed jazz-collage that is very caffienated and funny.  The duo of
electronic drums/sampler/electronics and guitar/efx stretch their
instruments to fit a wide spectrum of sounds into a bizarrely detailed
improv dialogue.  Their recordings have been released on labels such as
Diskono and IllegalArt alongside artists such as Hrvatski, People Like
Us=, Boards of Canada, Lesser and V/Vm.

-------------------

I'll be using an elaborately-programmed sampler drumpad setup that allows
me to do realtime granular synthesis by controlling envelope length and
sample start time from footpedals while triggering the grains as part of a
drum roll while moving through the start positions.  This is a highly
flexible tool for free-improv electronics.  My collaborator, Doug
Theriault, plays a guitar which he has modified and used tunings
that, combined with a low-bit-resolution effects setup, allows many
strange modulations of high harmonics.

thanks to Diskono (JO) for some source timbres I've added to my
configuration!