Re: [microsound] nato free

on 5/31/01 11:10 AM, ChaoShaman@xxxxxxx at ChaoShaman@xxxxxxx wrote:

>   is this just because theyre proud or showing theyre programming thier
> software from scratch/own ideas?
>   why would i not want to use nato?  i am pretty new to max/msp, but i am
> planning on getting nato for my summer off.  i've seen some interesting
> experimental film and shows down with it.. and i think it would be very
> useful for getting some of my ideas outta my noggin.
>   I guess what i'm asking, is this just prejudice / strong opinion ( i know
> all the crap nn did/started/whatever on the max list), pride of developing an
> alternative..  or is there some good reason not to get nato.. like serious
> flaw/bug/unusable, or a better piece of software or maxextensions.

for now... nato is the only alternative that pulls together a wide array of
components in a single external architecture. I think that nato support used
to be stellar, but now that nn is a fast rising international art star, SW
dev. may be taking a back seat, thus the following thread between us:

>>> can you be more specific about why it doesn<B9>t work?
>>> [sans me having to try and decipher]
>
>> as indikated it workx.
>> i shall not be releasing it 4
>> wish to negatively responsible be 4 any hardware problems
>> which ___... the [rare] case may be.
>>
>> plz azk z!kl!ng74.
>>
>> just tell them that this is their chance to release data
>> which others already haven't for thousands of years.
>>
>> should appeal to them after all.
>
>I would at least like the option to be responsible for HW smacks. I was
>rather surprised to see that monitor res cannot be switched.

this = the 1st translation.

>help me to understand [aside from the known] why I should ask C74 for
>features that should probably be in software that I already own and operate?

because you already own max and if i realeased cycling74 would
release it as well. tzo ____.. i cannot be bothered.

you bother them oke +?
i want to play 2!!!!

LETZ B!OZKULPT!!!!!!

>do you choose to not release for fear of possible intellectual property
>assumption

"hah"

nn

//////

nn cannot be bothered, so at this point, it seems she is asking for it...
either way, the meme lives on...

besides, it doesn¹t play well with MSP, which is a problem for me.

--Boundary_(ID_usYnpKcvJP95nkwg2mRw5A)