RE: [microsound] MAX/MSP

--- rob  <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escribió:

> Necessity is the Mother of Invention now
> isn't it? (bad cliche)

Where? How? When? ...did the music start?
I think that there is a lot of music made with other
very different motivations.

> People set and choose limits
> in their music for different reasons.  I'm trying to
> find something that works, a method, in my own music
> that doesn't include programming my own software, or
> using live instruments.

That's true. And I've never thinked about it that way.
Nowadays, we all know that we have composition
freedom. Maybe 200 years ago we couldn't call music
Francisco López's Belle Confusion (for example). But
we choose our limits: objects have meaning only inside
an esctructure. The estructure is the limit. But an
estructure isn't just rithm, melody... We all know. An
estructure is the name we give an abstract association
between that objects...

> I think you can do more with one knob on a
> stompbox than 3000 lines of code

Why use the hard way of the music synthesis? The music
can't the process by itself.