Re: [microsound] film recomendation

I agree. These two films are excellent and well worth watching for anyone
who hasn't seen them.
He also has made two other films. Santa Sangre and Fando & Lis (which i
haven't seen). He was also working on Dune at one point which was was
supposed to be using Geiger and Moebius doing costume and set design etc.
and I think Salvador Dali was going to be in it. This fell apart before
filming started though and was passed on to Ridley Scott ( I think ) and
later to David Lynch.
He is also working now on a sequel to El Topo called the Son of El Topo!

I would just like to point out though that i don't think that the films are
very violent. Especially after all of the pointless violence that permeates
today's movies. In fact most of the violent scenes in Holy Mountain were
very obviously and purposely faked. The scene with the girl spewing blood
out of her mouth on the street where the tubes which are spraying the blood
are highly visible comes to mind. Jodorowsky was purposely showing how all
these violent effects were done.
Sure there is violent imagery in Jodorowski's films but i far prefer his use
of violence as opposed to purely sensational violence such as Tarantino's.

dick richards