Re: [microsound] midi controllers

I had similar idea in mind: doing it with no LEGO icon. Well all you need is
sensors, A/D, D to MIDI. it's easy to make it as blocks.

There're some companies making a box that converts voltage into digital
signal (serial) like $50 or so. not so cheap because it's for generic
voltage input so it includes protections, amps and stuff. some serious but
no-skill people use iCube etc. some people use PIC chip to make their own.

I'm prototyping 16 slider MIDI Box (outputs CC# or Note with step sequence,
scaling, automation, or even pattern generation, with software editor made
in Max) When it's done I'll try to sell it around $100...

starting point:
http://www.audiomulch.com/MIDIPIC

tomonori yamasaki
http://www.mindfrog.net/tomonori