Cycling '74 Joins the Transmissions Festival

CYCLING '74 JOINS THE TRANSMISSIONS FESTIVAL AS A SPONSOR
San Francisco/Chicago 13 July, 2001

Cycling '74 announced its sponsorship of the Transmissions Festival ? an
annual festival of experimental, minimal, electronic and improvised
sound and vision, to be held August 6-12 in Chicago, IL.  Trans oo4 is a
week-long, multi-venue event featuring performances and screenings by
internationally renowned musicians, composers, videographers and artists
from more than 10 countries.

"We're pleased to be a sponsor of the Transmissions Festival," said
David Zicarelli, programmer/president of Cycling '74. "In addition to
developing software for artists and musicians, we're looking for ways to
support artists who support us by using our tools. We?ve been pleased to
see people such as the Transmissions crew mounting festivals that
support work we feel is important. We're happy to be involved in
supporting the festival in some small way."

Keenan McDonald, founder/director of the Transmissions Festival, noted,
"Our hopes for the festival are grounded in a desire to facilitate the
energies of a continuously growing and self-organizing community of
artists, and the opportunity to collaborate with Cycling ?74 is
something about which we?re very excited."

In addition to providing financial and logistical support, Cycling '74
will collaborate with Transmissions on a series of "Live at transoo4"
releases on c74, a new label which features the work of artists who use
Cycling '74's software to make extraordinary music.

The Transmissions Festival began in 1998 in Chapel Hill, NC, but has
since relocated to Chicago, IL.  The festival has widened its scope and
is continually expanding through organic engagement between its
organizers, participants and supporters. Transmissions is focused upon
the intersections of art, technology and culture, and manifests itself
through the confluence of those energies; the festival hopes to
cultivate interaction and further extend the spheres of influence for
experimental digital art. Further information regarding the
Transmissions Festival is available at http://www.transmit.org.

Cycling '74 (http://www.cycling74.com), headquartered in San Francisco,
CA, develops, distributes and supports innovative music software for
composers, artists, and producers who dream of life above and beyond
traditional sequencing and media applications. Cycling '74 products
include the Max graphical programming environment, MSP, the Pluggo
collection of MAX/MSP-based audio plug-ins, and the interactive
algorithmic composition program M.

fourth annual transmissions festival
http://transmit.org  |  info@xxxxxxxxxxxx
po box 257213 chicago il 60625  u s a