autechre's new direction?

I also don't disagree with those who say that maybe more effort could be
put into their recent work, but I find the process and their courage to go
through with this new direction fascinating and inspiring.

not that we need one more message on autechre..

but, i fail to see how "confield" is "new direction" for autechre?
basically it sounds like all of their last recent works.. with a bit
of 80's break-dancing music thrown in... far from anything NEW...
unless you were born after the break dancing thing..

i do find the opening track to be quite beautiful, however, and in
general like most of their releases.. although i think the past 2-3
years' releases have all kind of blending into one.. i can't tell any
of them apart...

-- + + + + + + + + + + + + + + taylor deupree/12k/line taylor@xxxxxxx http://www.12k.com

OUT NOW 12k/LINE RELEASES: 12k1013 taylor deupree | occur | CD LINE_005 bernhard günter | monochrome white / polychrome w/neon nails | 2CD chronologi: 12k year 1 - year 4 (CD) (instinct records. june 2001)

UPCOMING 12k/LINE RELEASES:
12k1014  sogar | basal | CD (AUG)
12k1015  goem | abri | CD (OCT)
12k1016 ghislain poirier | TBA (OCT)
LINE_006 z.e.l.l.e | nth | CD (AUG)
LINE_007 steve roden | forms of paper | CD  (OCT)

LIVE:
july27: koneisto electronic music festival - turku, finland
august 9th: san francisco, california
october 9-10: new york city (TBA)