Re: [microsound] autechre's new direction?

> basically it sounds like all of their last recent works..

Although I do hear the album as a continuation of the territory explored on
the last few records, to my ears "confield" sounds different.  Smoother,
maybe?  Certainly more ornately detailed and dense, full of information.  I
like it almost as much as LP5.

For whoever it was that asked: Kyma is a "sound design workstation, a visual
sound design language with associated Capybara multi-DSP hardware
accelerator."  http://www.symbolicsound.com/

By the way, are we sure Autechre use a Kyma?  Fearless loser that I am, I
asked all the annoying gear questions in an interview this spring.  The Kyma
was never mentioned.

bbn

http://www.saoul.com