Re: AE patches and cute squirrels

ah,

>message/comment in some work (how many Cher vocoder pop-hit knock-offs are
>there? the vocoder tool becomes a message in all these pop songs)...

as knowing the tools seem essential to enjoying the music (while I always
thought all ingredients to enjoy the music should be in the composition)
Cher fans (any on this list) will be enjoy Cher's 'Believe' much more after
I tell them that no vocoder as such was used, the English sound engineer
(whose name I forgot) she worked with acted as some clever human vocoder
soundalike: first he cut off all the treble and bass on the desk to narrow
the bandwidth of the voice (telephone like sound) and then he played with
the harmonizer while she was singing, having her voice jumping abruptly to
the closest pitch fitting the key-change. This was apparently done in real
time...the knock-offs where less creative and probably using regular vocoders.
Now go back listen to that song, it'll be sheer bliss (Cher bliss? sorry).

Guy

htp://www.guydebievre.de.vu