Re: microsound Digest 2 Aug 2001 16:25:08 -0000 Issue 369

--- microsound-digest-help@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> nothing positive comes from posts nn spew any
> place...
> insane women she is!
> Neil..

i always end up loving the insane.

> I've never seen NATO but from works I've seen that
> were done in NATO you
> could probably substitute it by GEM and there's this
> video addition to jMax
> that I haven't investigated yet.

you probably != simply superior

> why couldnt nn donate
> a version of nato to
> us for the workshop. in the long run it only equalls
> 8 more users who will
> but the product after the workshop.

because nn is not concerned with making new customers
so much as she is concerned with quality operators.
this fact would seem to dispute your own point about
her being "greedy".

> Personally, the only
> thing I've seen from either of these products (or
> from most video with
> IDM, DJing, whatever) is either cheesy chroma-keyed
> stuff that looks like
> public-access television or your basic screensaver.
> Coldcut has been the
> only person I have seen to do anything truly
> intriguing conceptually to play
> between audio and visuals, taking it beyong the
> "party scene" and into the
> realm of art.  Anyone else that has used visuals on
> this level?

if you go to a "party" you will probably see party
visuals. perhaps you should try an art gallery
instead? there has been a great amount of installation
work and non-"screensaver" work done with nato. you
say you have never seen anything done by nato, maybe
this is why you haven't seen much on the level of art.

i am nothing,
dalas