Re: [microsound] gear names was: prototype 909

I'm not a fan of this thread and I don't mean to prolong it, but I have a
question that's been nagging me.  Now, I'm not a techincal person, I don't own
any music gear that costs over $400 (including my computer) and I usually don't
read the instruction books that come with samplers, etc, unless I'm desperate.
So this may be a dumb question.  I was wondering how the name Pole is related to
Gear.  I know that it has something to do with that patented Pole sctratchy
sound.

This is one of those annoying things, like not being able to remember an old
friends name.  So I appologize for bringing it to the list, but it's kinda on
topic.

I've begun to bleed, so I have to run....it's the damn hot weather.

Jake