Re: [microsound] apology to taylor

Hey,
everyone has their roots and varied tastes. Fuck, Phil Lesh of the Grateful Dead studied under Luciano Berio and was a classmate to Steve Reich...Point is: sound, ideas, events, correspondence, gear, even self promotion it's all about your attitude. Music is about learning and going places. I have loved electronic music since I was 10 years old (34 now) when I bought Kraftwerks - "Man Machine" but I also took many routes with my taste. And here I am

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: taylor deupree
  To: microsound
  Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2001 10:42 PM
  Subject: Re: [microsound] apology to taylor

  actually, quite the contrary.. i'm very proud of everything i've
  done..  some releases i like more than others, of course, but i feel
  very fortunate to have the opportunities that i've been given.

  please email me off-list, jeremy, but i'd really like to know what
  the source of your problems with me are...

  being a very quite and often reclusive person, i'm very curious to
  see how i could have effected someone so negatively...

  >I thought I was having some harmless fun but Taylor's past is too
  >embarassing for him and he wasn't amused.  Just to show what a sport I am
  >I'm going to post a link to some of my early output and I think all who
  >click the link will agree that it is far more embarassing than anything
  >Taylor could muster.
  >
  >http://www.textfiles.com/phreak/odephone.hum

  + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
  taylor deupree/12k/line
  taylor@xxxxxxx
  http://www.12k.com

  OUT NOW 12k/LINE RELEASES:
  12k1014  sogar | basal | CD (AUG)
  LINE_006 z.e.l.l.e | nth | CD (AUG)

  UPCOMING 12k/LINE RELEASES:
  12k1015  goem | abri | CD (OCT)
  12k1016 ghislain poirier | TBA (OCT)
  LINE_007 steve roden | forms of paper | CD  (OCT)

  LIVE:
  august 4th: diapason gallery, new york city
  august 9th: san francisco, california
  october 9-10: new york city (TBA)