Re: [microsound] re: Transmissions Festival

>i can't speak to the cycling '74 half of this, but as far as the wire goes,
>typically the way this works is that they provide free advertising in the
>magazine (and other coverage - reviews, etc) in return for free advertising
>at the event - barter-system sponsorship, instead of monetary, which still
>works out to be a significant contribution, i think.

At Mutek (Montreal) for example, I'm quite sure this is what happened with
XLR8R as a 'sponsor'... free copies of the magazine to all people who
attended, and in that magazine you could see a full page ad for the
festival (which I'm betting was also given freely, since I'm sure Mutek
would not have the means to purchase that kind of advertising).

Mark Laliberte

_________

< For Communication >

ph studio: +01.519.253.3139