Re: [microsound] speakers

Ian Guthrie Yeager wrote:

> Genelecs are very nice as well....

Yuck!

If you like needles pounding into your ears.
There are great for balancing a mix but sound
harsh and irrating for prolonged use.

but speakers are into the personal preference
taste area.

The orignal post was looking for
"flat response"

This will not exisist.
And why would you want flat response
when most of your listeners won't be
listening to flat response speakers.

Finding a speakers where your mixes translate
well to other speakers might be what your after.
I've found the Genelecs do this really well but
I couldn't work with them 10hrs a day as I
feel they sound harsh.  Even though the mixes
would translate well, I didn't like the "sound"
of them.

At our studio we did a speaker shoot out test
and the winner was:   PMC LB-1's.  Yes they
are coloured, but it was a beautiful warm
colouring.  The stereo imaging was amazing
the low end out of the 4" speakers was unreal!
The mixes also translate extremly well to
other speakers.  So they won my vote and i
now own a pair and am working on get 3 more
for my 5.1 set up.

http://www.pmcloudspeaker.com/

good luck on your search

Kerry

--
Kerry Uchida
Vancouver,Canada

Although Mr. Spielberg was reluctant to assess the impact that his
generation of filmmakers has had, he has very definite ideas of where
movies have come since the 70's ? and what have been the most important
technical and creative innovations that have changed them.

"To me, it's sound," Mr. Spielberg said. "To me, the biggest
breakthrough in the last 50 years, certainly since Cinerama in the 50's,
is the sound. When I think of the sonic experience of the first time I
heard Dolby stereo demonstrated at the American Film Institute years and
years ago, it was then that I realized that we are making sound
pictures.
We could do a lot with sound, we could even tell a story with sound. And
when we brought the best of sound together with the best of visuals in
the 80's and 90's, you were able to show audiences so much more of the
movie than they otherwise would have experienced."

Now Playing:

DJ Aural
http://www.mp3.com/DJAural

Technomorph