Re: [microsound] back in the day

all this talk of the 80's music and back in the day great records talk, especially your comments about big bigot taylor, prompted me to pose the following question to myself...

what's do you think is(are) the best and/or most influential album(s) and/or bands from the 80's - personally and/or musically(genre wise)?

just off the top of my head.

a few albums/bands that stand out

'dazzle ships' OMD
'monomishe' ZOVIET FRANCE
'easy listening for the hard of hearing' FRANK TOVEY + BOYD RICE
PINK INDUSTRY

(i am sure i could come up with some others if i looked through my records)

-- R I C H A R D C H A R T I E R

http://www.3particles.com
chartier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Series [ LINE, US ] CD awarded Honorary Mention, Digital Music (Prix Ars Electronica 2001, Austria)

OUT NOW
decisive forms  [ Trente Oiseaux, Germany ] CD http://www.trenteoiseaux.com
Layeral Intersect #2  mix by Kim Cascone [ Deadtech, US ] CD
typeof  [ Fallt, N.Ireland ] 3" CD  http://www.fallt.com
"filer" on clicks & cuts 2  [ Mille plateaux, Germany ] 3CD

UPCOMING
series [ LINE, US ] CD re-issue October http://www.12k.com
LIVE . TONIC [ New York ] October 9, 2001
DJ . FILLER @ Blue Room [ Washington, DC ] Sundays http://www.3particles.com/filler