Re: [microsound] OT: but this is just shameful... "God Gave U.S. 'What We Deserve,' Falwell Says

On Fri, 14 Sep 2001 14:47:28 -0700 richard chartier
<chartier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> >Television evangelists Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson, two of the
> >most prominent voices of the religious right, said liberal civil
> >liberties groups, feminists, homosexuals and abortion rights
> >supporters bear partial responsibility for Tuesday's terrorist
> >attacks because their actions have turned God's anger against
> >America.
> >
> >"God continues to lift the curtain and allow the enemies of America
> >to give us probably what we deserve," said Falwell, appearing
> >yesterday on the Christian Broadcasting Network's "700 Club,"
> hosted
> >by Robertson.

Yeah, right, and so who is (their idea of) God angry with when a tornado
destroys a church run by baptist christians such as themselves?

Erroneous and ignorant religious beliefs were partially behind the recent
catastrophies. Leave it to others of erroneous and ignorant beliefs to
point self- righteous fingers.
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.