Re: [microsound] critical

A few years ago I found even my favourite ambient titles were boring me and was excited when the
micro-movement came into full-swing. Vladislav Delay and other similar artists seemed so perfect
to fill the void. However, whereas ambient had a healthy long stay with the likes of O Yuki, Roach
etc... getting frequent play for years, the micro music seems to have a much shorter shelf-life. I
played the live Delay the other night and took it of after a few minutes. In fact, many of the
100's of micro CDs I bought now sit collecting dust. Maybe it's just me. Thing is, I play much of
the sacred, ethnic music I have collected over the years and love it. It looks as though I am not
alone, which, in some strange way, is comforting.

=====
ragin
g/con
sciou