Re: [microsound] minidisc question

> I've been using the Sharp MD-MT15 for a couple
> years to record sets, and I've had great results
> as long as I had the levels set properly. I think
> this model may be discontinued, but the last I
> saw you could get one for around US$150.

this is the one i bought...apparently one of the first sub-$200
recorder/players.  it has optical (digital) in and out, but i don't have a
digital input for my computer, so i go through the digital to analog
transfer once to get it into the computer.  once i have the sounds in the
computer, i don't go out until i burn a cd, so only one analog transfer.

the levels do have to be set properly...at first i had them too high, and
found i had many dropouts.  the microphone pre-amp is fantastic.  i'm sure
you can find similarly priced minidisk recorder/players now.

you can e-mail people who have posted information on www.minidisk.org.  i
looked up and compared specs on models i could afford, and then e-mailed a
few people who posted information about the sharp md-mt15, and wound up
buying that one.  ebay may also be a source for discontinued models.  a
google search might bring up some links as well.

best future,
john

--
<john hudak> jhudak@xxxxxxxxx