Re: [microsound] minidisc question

At 11:57 PM 10/15/01 -0600, Jake Hardy wrote:
If I buy one of those pocket minidisc recorders, would I be able to
record my live sets direct lined from my mixing board to the recorder,
or would the sound quality be bad?
On that note, can anyone recomend a md recorder that is good for that
purpose, since most of my field recordings I do with a few mics running
into my mixer and a direct line to a recorder.

Live recordings from mixer to MD walkman have been working well for me, and the sound quality has been excellent. I am quite fond of the Sharps (I have a 701 and an 831) because these, unlike the Sonys, allow one to change the recording level in the midst of recording, a feature quite handy for the unpredictable overload tempting transients of live and field recordings.

np - Marcus Schmickler "Param"

Joshua Maremont / Thermal - mailto:thermal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Boxman Studies Label - http://www.boxmanstudies.com/