||||| parasites rework invite |||||

microsounders...
while I was in Spain some people bought my "Parasites" CD in order to
sample the pieces and create new work...this is what the CD was originally
intended for and it is a shame that more people don't know this...when I
created the CD I had two ideas in mind:
1) to create very short pieces that were compressed in terms of information
vs time and
2) to create a CD where people could use these short "pieces" as samples
and make new work from them...
parasites being organisms that live on the host body of larger organisms, I
thought it an interesting concept for the use in place of the idea of
"samples"...

so, in the spirit of providing the list with a community project I offer
this invitation:
- using only the material found on tracks 2 - 20 on the Parasites CD
(anechoic a001) create a new work no longer than 5 minutes in length
	[please feel free to mutate, mangle, destroy, induce failure in,
and generally f*ck up the samples to your hearts content]

- upload finished work to the microsound hotline server for others to hear
	[microsound hotline server: microsound.dyn.dhs.org
	 also, see http://www.bigredh.com for downloading a PC/MacOS
hotline client]

***IMPORTANT *** - you must FIRST get a password from
<eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> to upload and download files from the server and you
have to be a listmember in order to get this pswrd

again, this invite is to microsound list members ONLY
I will put up mp3's of the "Parasite" tracks (2 - 20) in a folder on the
microsound server later today...

*get the samples here-> path: "Uploads/Parasites project folder/parasite
samples"
*put your piece here -> path: "Uploads/Parasites project folder/myfolder"
	- remember to name your folder something unique and not 'myfolder"

the deadline for submissions (this means posting to the list that you have
uploaded a piece into the parasites folder) is Jan 31st

some guidelines:
- post only 128kbps 44.1kHz stereo .mp3 files
- first make a folder within the "Uploads/Parasites project folder" folder
and upload your finished work there
- post to the list that you have uploaded your piece (include the name of
the piece)
- we'll take a list vote after the end of Jan and see which pieces are
selected for a mp3 web release...then again maybe we'll just put them all
up? it's up to the list memebers

ALL styles of microsound are welcome...

PLEASE post all comments, suggestions and ideas *to the list* and NOT to me
directly...

happy holidays to all microsounders!

KIM