Re: [microsound] OT: powerbook g4 audio input

Yes, that is a good overview.   I highly suggest you check out RME audio
interfaces: Excellent(!) sound quality, DSP on the I/O card (there is a
PCM/CIA card for laptops and PC card for desktops) that takes care of the
ASIO (so there is no load on your CPU...unlike any available firewire
device)....  Some of their audio interface boxes (such as the Multiface and
Digiface)also have MIDI. Note, though, that these boxes are Mac and PC and
MIDI currently only works on PC.  Most likely there will not be MIDI support
for the MAC until RME comes out with OSX drivers.....

You might also check out the MAX/MSP list where there has been a good deal
of discussion about this topic.

Best,

Vance