Re: [microsound] 100 to one compression?

Similar claims have been made in the past.  None of them have panned out,
though it may take years before the flaw or scam is apparent.  Even
legitimate claims of compression breakthroughs, like Fractal compression,
have turned out to be far less effective in practice than initial claims
implied.

But this one is especially bold; voiding Shannon's law, as they claim,
would be tantamount to voiding the second law of thermodynamics -- not
inconceivable, but highly unlikely.  The implications would extend far
beyond just data compression.  But I'm not holding my breath.

		-Ed