[microsound] sixpackfilm (was Martin Arnold)

>yeh i love that "re: martin arnold "alone, life wastes andy hardy". Its
>suposed to be a soundtrack. anyone seen the movie?
>Verm

Hey,

I'm very familiar with "alone, life wastes andy hardy", and with the work
of Martin Arnold in general ( http://www.r12.at/arnold/ ), and all his
works are amazing! He is part of "sixpackfilm" (
http://www.sixpackfilm.com/ ) a really edgy group of filmmakers from
Austria such as M.Arnold, Peter Tscherkassky, Gustav Deutsch, etc... this
group and their work will probably be of great interest to people on this
list (particularly Tscherkassky's unbelievable "Outer Space" short film!)

Anyway, back to Arnold: I work for a gallery in Canada called Artcite Inc.
(http://www.artcite.ca ), and we are involved in hosting an experimental
film and video festival called Media City. The festival shows works from
sixpackfilm members every year, and they had Martin Arnold over for a
retrospective screening last year. A highly recommended (and quite small)
body of work! The films are painstakingly created through optical printing,
and I think he's created maybe 4 short films in about 10 years. The process
of these skipping and glitching characters can actually be done through
digital editing quite quickly to a near-similar effect nowadays, but the
quality of the older optical/physical film way of working just strikes the
retina a little harder when seen on the big screen!

While on the topic, I'll do a bit of promotion for the upcoming fest: if
any of you will be in the Windsor-Detroit area in from Feb 13-16, this
year's festival will feature the above-mentioned Gustav Deutsch as he
debut's the latest installment of Film Ist, another amazing sixpack-member
work.

I'll try to get the complete schedule posted to the list.

Later,
MCL.

url: http://www.netcore.ca/~obscure
url: http://www.thinkbox.ca