Re: [microsound] Jim o'rourke

> Hope people don't mind the fact I've been posting reviews of late - I'm not really
> a great one for reviewing cd's but  Dust theories and the O'Rourke CD I've
> just wanted to shout about....
>
> cheers
>
> mark

hey mark, i think your reviews are interesting and informative, please keep posting
them. And once again I'm with you Jim's new effort is very good. have a nice day /
philippe

| 0000 --------- new releases ---------- <>

Cray "undo" [bleep 09]
Enhanced video CD
Cray is the sound of digital dreams, soundtracks for other worlds, the dirt on the
street magnified, nano technology music. Ross Healy has been an active member of the
Melbourne music scene since 1988 and has released recordings with projects such as
Eden, Amnesia, 56k and This Digital Ocean. Cray?s first release was the ?Comment?
mini-cd for Irish label, Fallt. Influenced by both  contemporary digital technology
and early sound pioneers like Pierre Henry, David Tudor and Tod Dockstader.
His second release, ?Undo? (BiP_ HoP) presents the adventurous listener with etched
sound worlds; carved sine waves,slices of twisted time, but with a faint memory of
melody.

Si-(cut).db "enthusiast" [bleep 07]
"Enthusiast" is the 4th si-cut.db album, and another move forward for Benford's
sound, following on naturally from the groundwork done by Tennis, his project with
Ben Edwards (Benge). A major proportion of the sounds are samples of woodwork noises,
different timbers, turning processes, shavings, planings, splintered pieces, contact
mikes on veneered surfaces, acoustic instruments such as piano, fused with
microsounds to create a rhythmic template between digital glitch and organic sources.
Literally, different timbers and timbres; the grain on the wood becoming almost the
grooves of a vinyl record, spiralling forward. The music speaks for itself.