Re: [microsound] director xtras

Another idea is to use dynamic variables in Flash.  I'm not very
knowledgeable (yet) with outputting files in Max/MSP, but
I bet you could write a text file out that Flash could check for variable
changes.  You could do this in Director, too.  This would be probably be
less effective (read: slower) than a dynamic link over the network between
Max and Director, so why not embed the Flash file in Director and let it
do all the work.

I'm not really into the MIDI solution for two reasons, (1) you can only
pass MIDI data and (2) you have to purchase an Xtra.  The TCP/IP
operations are built in to both pieces of software.

I'll try this out soon and post when I've done something with
it.

Christopher Sorg
Multimedia Artist/Teacher
http://csorg.cjb.net