digest & non-digest

it's funny...  just this morning, i was thinking, hey, microsound-l
doesn't seem so bad anymore, the idiots seem to have gone away, maybe i
should go back to plain text rather than digest...  so i was pondering
that & then i stumble across the discussion about whether taylor's
publicity efforts are tainted with crass corporatist faux-posturing or
if he has genuinely thought of his MP3 project in those, erm, terms.
anyway, so just to say thanks for reminding me why i'm on digest in the
first place.

anyway, since i promised not long ago that i wouldn't write a message to
the list that wouldn't be in some way promotional, i'd like to point out
that http://www.notype.com offers a few gigabytes of free intangible
postmodern pretentious MP3 audio, some of which is even relevant to the
context of this mailing list.  if you don't know what to start with, go
to our "file under" page & let your ears decide, for once.  yes, i know
there's too much to choose from, but we've made sure it's all
interesting in some way or another.

new albums from v.v., chris degiere & headphone science coming up...  &
the new 2CD compilation _the freest of radicals_ should be hitting your
local shop shortly (but you can always order it from electrocd...)

i hope you're all doing well in this new year!  sorry if i come off
cranky, i was drawn this way.

have a nice day all
~ david