Re: [microsound] max/msp determinism/old thread

on 1/30/02 12:40 PM, stephan mathieu at sssst@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>> isnt the problem just that most of this 'microsound' stuff is crap -
>
> i agree.
> but ask a list of appr. 400 people what is exiting and you'll get the same
> result.
> 90% stuff you dont want to know.
> - stephan

 Alot of music is really different in a social setting .

  I had an experience once of dismissing a tune by one of the popular Brit
producers; it was something like I'd come up with half-asleep on a rather
uninspired morning.

  About a month later I was thirsty , so I stopped at a cafe´, combed my
hair, sat down . The same tune was playing. It was just as dull: this time
it provided just enough monkey bars , just enough background and forward
movement that one didn't feel like a fish out of water, the sun came out at
that point and there was a marvelous feeling of autonomy without coldness
among the persons in my proximity.