art and science

I'm reading this book, and the discussion around "experimentation" as it
relates to music, art and science somehow resonated with me... excuse my
indulgence:

"We believe implicitly that the scientist is one type, the artist a
radically different one. In fact, the scientific and artistic personalities
overlap more than they differ, and the higher we shimmy into the leafy
canopy of talent, the closer the two enterprises seem. The typical
first-year physics text never uses the word beauty, but it is no accident
that Richard Feynman's text -- the work of a great scientist and one of the
century's great books -- uses it all the time."