>> INTRO // wishes
>> LATEST NEWS // news regarding [BiP_HOp]
>> .COM // good-looking, playful?
>> ALIVE AND WELL // BiP_Hop on the road?
>> OUTRO // top for 2001  ++

>> INTRO // Wishes

Happy New Year to all of you.

>> LATEST NEWS // news around [BiP_HOp]

The albums by Andrew Duke, Spaceheads and Twine will be sent to the pressing plant
soon.

BiP_HOp Generation [v.5] is complete and mastered.  New installment with unreleased
songs by Accelera Deck (USA) / Andrew Duke (Ca) / Mikael Stavostrand (Se) / Tonne
(UK) / Rechenzentrum (De) / D'Iberville (Fr) + enhanced soundtoy by Tonne.

Got the very nice video of the Spaceheads and Max Eastley concert for the BBC and it
reminds me that it is high time for a sequel to their ?Time of the ancient astronaut?
to appear?

Wang Inc. and KPT Michigan are designing the artwork for their full-lengths.

The BiP_Hop Generation v.6 is shaping up very nicely?

Tonne + Scanner are working on a collaborative albums documenting their ?sound
polaroids? exhibition at ICA Gallery, in London.

BiP_Hop has been getting recognition by Warp Records, who picked up the records to
feature them in their mailorder store. You know they are tasty so check their
"warpmart recommendations" :
http://www.warprecords.com/mart

>> .COM // good-looking, playful?

site updated, make sure to view our special gallery of pix of Douglas Benford taken
by Iris/Sprawl and Si-cut.db live  ones taken by his friend Robin Rimbaud/Scanner.

Sound and visual designer Paul Farrington, a.k.a. TONNE created a BiP_Hop soundtoy,
very nice present which will work as an appetizer for his upcoming ?soundtoy? series?

http://www.bip-hop.com

Douglas Benford Interview in OVERLOAD  by Elizabeth Wells
http://www.overloadmedia.co.uk/interviews/douglas_benford.html

>> ALIVE AND WELL // BiP_Hop on the road?

February 11th :
BiP_Hop Generation night at Transmediale festival ? Berlin
http://www.transmediale.de/
Si-cut.db + Komet + Zonk?T (live) + DJ ip@xxxxxxxxxxx + visuals by Phase4

February 15th
BiP_Hop night in Marseille
Battery Operated (Canada / cocosolid) + Lena (France / Quatermass) (live) + DJ
ip@xxxxxxxxxxx

Spaceheads will tour France in February :
15.02 - SAINT-NAZAIRE, vip. (+ HINT)
16.02 - NEVERS, cafe charbon.
17.02 - TOURS, Donald's pub.
20.02 - AMIENS, Lune des Pirates.(+ MING)
21.02 - PARIS, Glazart.
22.02 - BORDEAUX, Theatre barbey. (+ EKOVA)
23.02 - BOURGES, Les 3 p'tits cochons.
24.02 - CHOLET, Louisiana.

>> OUTRO // they made 2001 richer  ++

top labels :

  12K
  Carpark
  (KraaK)3
  F?llt
  Staugbold
  Diskono
  Rune Gramophon
  Lucky Kitchen
  Active Suspension
  Touch
  Morr Music

top single-only labels :

  Expanding
  Bottrop Boy

top albums (in chronological order from most recent to older one) :

  To Rococo Rot : Kolner breit (Staugbold)
  Ghislain Poirier : il n'y a pas de sud (12K)
  Oren Ambarchi : suspension (Touch)
  Takagi Masakatsu : pia (Carpark)
  Stephan Mathieu & Ekkehard Ehlers : heroin (Bronbron)
  Phonem : ilisu (Morr)
  Fennesz : endless summer (Mego)
  Electric Birds : panorama (Deluxe)
  the 24 mini CD series "Invallid Objects" (F?llt)
  Twine : circulation (Komplott)
  Stephan Mathieu : frequency lib (Mille Plateaux)
  Ovil Bianca : gravity = love (Kraak3)
  Mitchell Akiyama : hope that lines don't cross (Substractif)
  Marumari : supermogadon (Carpark)
  Vert : 9 types of ambiguity (Sonig)
  Manual : until tomorrow (Morr Music)
  Komet : rausch (12K)
  Jan Jelinek : loop finding-jazz records (~Scape)
  Oleg Kostrow : the great flashing tracks from ivona (Stora)
  Mokira : clip-hop (Raster-Noton)
  Jurgen De Blonde : hidden rabbit (Tomlab)
  Process : shape-space (Fatcat)
  Shuttle 358 : frame (12K )
  Pimmon : assembler (Fallt)
  Mikael Stavostrand : lite (Mitek)
  KPT Michigan : hey love (Kraak3)

thanx for reading our newsletter. Have a nice day.
philippe

| 0000 \\\\.. \\\\ __  http://www.bip-hop.com  _---| 0000 \\\\..\\\\
document electronica that is challenging the ears and the mind