Review: Immedia Digital Arts Exhibit at the University of Michigan

 Immedia review.
Although I was only able to make it for opening night at the Immedia Digital Arts Exhibit at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor I can tell you this is a great exhibit and everyone should check it out.

This event is a great concept and it is great to see a University like Michigan supporting the digital and experimental arts community. I can only see this event getting better as the years go on.

I would have to say that the highlights of the night were the performances by Twine/Phase04 and Bill Van Loo. Bill Van Loos set was beautiful. His set consisted of minimal clicks and cuts while processing his live guitar stylings.

I would have to say though that Twine?s compositions and Phase04?s live manipulation of his original video productions had me absolutely mesmerized. Twines audio excursions and Phase04?s video flowed together as if they were one. Every time I see these guys it is amazing to see how they progress with each performance. Some of the tracks performed were new tracks which will be on Twine?s upcoming release, Recorder, on the French label Bip-Hop. Their material is absolutely amazing. Glitchy voices would start off in a minimal manner then build up to create these erratic panning rhythms. I also have to say that Phase04?s video works are some of the best original material I have ever seen. Next year though may I suggest to the organizers of the immedia exhibit that the lights be dimmed to a absolute minimum.

If you ever get a chance to see these guys dont pass it up. They are definetly someone to keep your eyes and ears on.

mez'en:aux.ein    o_O