RE: [microsound] women not in microsound

yeah... there's a middle ground here too...

on the one hand wondering "what the women are up to" in this area of music
is a valid and important concern. and for me the list of names gives me some
familiar and some not so familiar places to look.

on the other hand these composers/artists need not be given any more
attention than is deserved based on the same merits (or lack thereof) as any
other composer/artist, without regard for anatomy or gender roles.

personally i have produced a radio program that focused on women in
electronic music, not because i felt they are oppressed and needed "help"
promoting themselves, but merely because it was a way to take a slice of
electronic music in a somewhat novel way, in the same way that I have
featured a particular style, artist , label, geographical area, or time
period.

i hope we don't get all wrapped up in this.