mbox

"Igor Medeiros" <igormpc@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

give me opinions.

I have a PC.
planning to buy a laptop later.

since there¥s no cheaper laptops with 7200rpm hd how PT will work? giving me
"increase hardware buffer" each time I open a plugin with a digi001 with a
athlon 1.2 with just ONE hd?

or I have to go iBook?

softsynths on pro tools: just with directconnect? is it only for mac?

if reaktor is going rtas, it will be for pc also?

i think that autotune went rtas only for mac.

just thinking...

igor

i'd suggest to you that if you want to use protools, avoid the PC.
Its very broken on the PC and i'm not sure why digidesign is
pretending this app is cross platform. The hardware buffer issues you
are observing are one such example of its broken-ness... One of our
machines at home is a PIII/800 with two 7200 rpm drives + AMIII +
PTLE and no hardware buffer setting will avoid this error. To get rid
of it you need to reset the hardware buffer and reboot your machine.
(if anyone has a solution to this problem, please tell) .The other
issue in regards to PT is that there are very few RTAS plug-ins for
PC. Perhaps this is due to the fact that hardly anyone is running
this app on the PC. I have the same revision of the software running
on my G4 with 001 and the difference is enormous. I'd definitely go
the ibook + mbox - cheaper and ProTools will work extremely well.
ProTools is extremely stable on the Macintosh and has comprehensive
third party plug-in support. If you want to run high track counts
with significant edit density, add a 7200rpm firewire drive with the
oxford 911 chip.

If you want to stick with PC, I'd run Logic or Nuendo, not pro tools.
At least they work well, are stable and have excellent plug-in
support via the vst standard.

anyway, just reporting my experience with the above.
--
j  u  l  i  a  n     k  n  o  w  l  e  s