RE: [microsound] napster was a promotional service

sums up my feelings exactly.

at CommTom (http://www.commtom.com) we are giving away the music and asking
folks to subscribe to the packaging. So you can burn your own copies in
whatever order you want with whichever tracks you please and if you
subscribe you get a piece of hand printed art to store your CD-R in...
something material you can hold in your hands, that one can fetishize (as it
is produced in very limited runs...)

we're just experimenting.

David Fodel
Publishing Systems Manager