Re: [microsound] new camp track

thanks to that last link that was posted I was able to download this track.

mmm-mph.
To David and all who care to elaborate:

hmmmm, a lot of those sound sources are oddly familiar! :)

what words...

it's actually quite lovely...romantic stuff! I like that!

it's very giving...seductive...
really great structure I might add...quite smooth.
it is irratic and inconsistant but it moves without jumping over anything, it moves as if it knows more of 'the horizontal hover'(and in this case, a 'shimmer' I must add!) like comfortable tension, it knows that any sort of reaching, or streching to grasp is not neccessary.
but this is true of almost all of the camp material.
and yet this one does not have the same thirst for inverting what tries to be known about something and breaking assumptions about relationships between sounds and genres(that is, perhaps, put in another way: overthrowing some social stuff in the grids that are laid down upon identities or bodies of art)

good to hear this.

please keep posting.

I have suddenly been given more clarity as to the direction of some things & topographies that will be felt out and about...

jonvaughn02

p.s. oh and nice page too, like the "1 page" thing, more that the website with neat places for things thing. where the stuff with cal though?

p.p.s. I think this may be my first posting come to think of it...oh well, hello microsound! peek-a-boo!

you know what they say, a little self-promotion never hurts, but hey, maybe some people on this list would actually find it a worthwhile use of their bandwidth to learn about the new & updated camp page, featuring the usual mix of incidental rhetoric & bare promotional information you've come to expect from experimental music in the zero-zeroes.

there is also a brand new MP3, finished today.  yow.  just look towards the
end of the page.

http://www.notype.com/camp/

it's kind of groovy.  if i get some responses i'll post some more.

thank you,

have a nice day
~ david