Re: [microsound] article on NN

On Wednesday 06 March 2002 11:47, Mark Williamson wrote:
> > (one of her pet words) behaviour i have encountered online. she's a
> > caricature, accusing ppl of being capitalist and selling out,
> > while her
>
> I always thought that was the point - sort of anarchic capatalism taken
> to the extereme with lots of irony. I don't think she is serious - just
> taking the piss big time. I find it quite amusing to be honest - people
> get so wound up by it.
>
> mark

I thought so too, in the beginning, but it's been years she's doing the same
thing: it's getting utterly tedious and the initial effect her actions had
has faded away since long. ppl just don't pay attention to her anymore. the
time has come for her to reinvent herself, but that is the problem i think:
she isn't able to and keeps clinging to that one hollowed out concept; she's
slowly becoming the Keith Richards of the Mac niche of the laptop
"avantgarde".

mik