Re: [microsound] Re: grabbing people by the balls (dumbtype et al)

>first, hypothetically speaking (since i'm not a promoter or soundman) >i
>would say that if an artist has agreed to not go above a certain >volume
>level etc, i would be pretty irritated if i was putting on a show and >said
>artist completely ignored the agreement

Um, did the soundman not have a limiter?  As an occational sound type guy I've had some noise projects attempt to do serious damage to the club sound system, and all failed due to my $150 compressor limiter, which simply gets rid of anything over a certain volume.  Um, was this covered already?  Did this guy just not use a compressor?
Rob