RE: [microsound] re: failure theory

I would venture to say that the difference between the Blectums and
"glitchtronica," despite their occasional use of its tropes, is that they
don't really make music that corresponds to a given genre -- as opposed to
much glitch techno, which works the same ground over and over (quite
intentionally).

Also, just biographically speaking, I think that Kevin and Blevin come from
a rock background (like quite a few TB6ers), which might inform their
preference for a looser rhythmic signature and their aversion to dance
music-derived genres. I get the sense that they're working in a very
different tradition than the bulk of laptop technists.