Re: [BA-NEWMUS:5298] Re: [microsound] re: failure theory

I think your taking this out of context. He was refering to a statement made by the Blechdom girls concerning the pros-and-cons of 2001in the Wire in which they say one of the 'cons' for 01 was "the IDM, Microsound & Baynewmus mailing lists", along with "Articles by Kim Cascone, Glitchtronica, minimal techno...." etc. It was in this context that Kenric made this comment.

Just for the record, Kenric is a member of several mailing lists, and creates minimal elcetronic music, so I don't think he's coming from the same place. He was making this statement to underscore a specific situation in a thread on another mailing all together. If you havn't read the "failure" thread on the microsound list, I suggest you do so. It will give you some context before you start making judgements based on VERY little information.

Stephen Ruiz / Zygote
http://www.undertheradar.net

Banewmus isn't that bad. You are over generalizing as there is a lot of people
on it who don't even make electronic music, and others who make electronic
music that is good. Admittedly some of the music on this list isn't to my
taste, but diversity is fundamental to any type of dynamic musical ecology.